Saturday, August 27, 2005

First Try At Off Camera Flash Outside

First, I missed yesterdays blog entry because work got in the way!  How dare it! 

This evening Melissa and I went up to the park and I took some pictures of her with an off camera flash.  Even though I have very little clue as to what I am doing, I am pretty happy with how these turned out.   It is pretty clear to me that the flash was a little hot for these pictures, but I still like how they turned out.  I can see that this is going to take some practice to get it right.  I think I like the 2nd one the best.  I think once I get it all figured out, that I am going to be able to take killer shots at dusk.

MelOffCamFlash1

MelOffCamFlash2

MelOffCamFlash3

2 Comments:

Blogger the Robot Vegetable said...

Yes, very cool. How is it you comm the flash? wire or wireless?

12:54 AM  
Blogger Jim Cook said...

I am using the wireless capabilities of my Canon Speedlites. I have a 550EX on the camera driving a 580EX off camera.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home