Thursday, August 25, 2005

Melissa Is In The Paper .... Again!

Back on the 13th of October, I blogged Jazzercise Back To School Donation which was about Melissa’s Jazzercise class collecting and donating school supplies to the local schools.   Melissa submitted the picture to the newspaper as a way of recognizing the tremendous generosity of her students.  Whenever they get behind a cause, they always go above and beyond what is called for to give back to the community.  I am always happy to help by taking their picture.  The fringe benefits I get is to see “Photo by Jim Cook” in the newspaper. 

People may not realize but our school teachers purchase school supplies with their own money for the kids that can’t afford them.  Some teachers have told Melissa that they easily spend $400 to $500 a year. Yikes!  There are lots of kids in the community whose parents can’t afford to purchase their school supplies.

Here is a photo using my night flash technique of the photo in the local paper, The Georgetown News-Graphic.

JazzInPaper0805

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've seen this site already, but just in case you've missed it: www.photoblogs.org

I spent a good amount of time recently exploring their top 100 list.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jim Cook said...

Thanks for the pointer Mark. I actually didn't know about that site. I can see I am going to spend some time there. The 1st one on the top 100, http://www.chromasia.com/iblog/ , is AMAZING!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home