Friday, August 19, 2005

Photoshop Scripts

I do most of my photo editing in Photoshop.  The sloppy borders that I placed around the artsy photos in Michael Goes To College took many steps to do.  It took me about a minute to apply the effect for each picture.  10 photos took 10 minutes.  Tonight I created a script that does it all in a few seconds.  If you have a good foundation in programming in JavaScript, then you are 90% of the way to being able to program scripts in Photoshop.  The other 10% is just learning the Photoshop specific objects, properties and methods.   You do so by reading the Adobe Photoshop JavaScript Scripting Reference which is located here -> http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/photoshop/sdk/JavaScriptReferenceGuide.pdf

I am still learning the ins-and-outs of this, but I am finding scripting to be a very powerful tool to automate my workflow.  Here is a picture I took a few years ago that I randomly chose from my photos and I applied the sloppy border in an instant.  Scripting rocks!

SloppyHorses

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home