Thursday, August 04, 2005

My new lens

Today I received my new lens.  It is a Canon EF 16–35mm L .  Here is a picture of it.

16x35l

So far I love it.  It is a great compliment to my 70–200mm L IS (big boy) lens.  I am still getting use to it. Here is a picture I took of Melissa’s flowers. 

16x35-1stPicture

This was taken at F2.8. I love the bokeh of the lens.

I really think this lens is going to rock at taking portrait, landscape, and architectural photographs.    I am planning on taking some night shots this weekend and will use this lens.  I hope the weather will cooperate.  If the pictures turn out decent, I will be sure to post some.  If I don’t post anything, well, then you know how it turned out.

I am planning on putting this lens on my 10D body and leave my EF 70–200mm L IS lens on my 20D body.  I will probably look like a real geek carrying around two cameras.  Maybe I can convince Melissa that hot girls look extra hot with a camera around their neck and she will carry one for me.  Somehow I think I am going to end up with both of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fifty-cent words (bokeh) add pizzazz to your blogs, but only because you provide a link to the definitions. Keep up the new word a day stuff. :)

Actually, since you will probably be carrying your Canon SD400 in your pocket, you will have 3 cameras in tow. Not even the Japanese do that!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home