Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Georgetown At Night #3

Here is a picture taken at night of the entrance to Yuko-en on the Elkhorn.

YukoEnAtNight

Yuko-en is a Japanese Garden in Georgetown.  This photo was taken when it was really dark out.  The only lights were from behind me from the parking lot and entrance to Cardome.  This is a 3 minute exposure which made the photo look like a dawn/sunset type picture.  However, tree shadows are being cast by the parking lot lights behind me instead of the sun.  In fact, the shadows are being cast in a southern direction so one would never see this image in the morning or the evening in Georgetown as the sun is never in the north.  I guess if we transplanted this garden to Antarctica this would be what it would look like during the day. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Jim. Your commentary makes it especially facinating! M

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Georgetown at night photos have been great so far, look foward to the rest.

I'd agree with the commentary comment, I find a new gtown link in almost every post.

I snapped a couple saturday afternoon myself: View them here

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home