Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Georgetown At Night #4

This is a picture of Georgetown Kentucky City Hall. CityHallAtNightThis was taken (as all of the other pictures in the Georgetown at Night series) with my 16–35mm lens.  This was taken at 16mm.  There is no way that I could have taken a picture of the whole building with my 70–200 lens as there isn’t enough room to back up without running into a building.   The 16–35mm lens is performing flawlessly and permitting me to take the kinds of pictures that I knew it would.  No buyer’s remorse here.  The 16–35mm F2.8 L and the 70–200mm F2.8 L IS are a nice pair of lenses and they really compliment each other nicely.

This picture is a 12 second exposure which really illuminated the face of the building.  Compare it with my 3 second exposure of the Courthouse.   By over exposing this picture somehow it just looks more spooky to me.  The overly bright light and the long flagpole shadow may have something to do with.  Or it maybe it is the editorials in the local paper criticizing our city government that is frightening me.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home