Saturday, January 28, 2006

Horses Of Kentucky On A Saturday Afternoon

Melissa and I went out and took photographs of some horses for my assignment this afternoon.  Here are some of my favorites.

Really wanted to get an awesome eye picture.  The 85MM F1.8 does the trick.  This horse was close to the fence.

HorseEye

The rest of these shots were with my 70–200 lens as the horses wasn’t usually close to me.  This next shot was in terrible light.  When seeing a horse along the side of the road in a fenced area I don’t get to pick the best position for lighting.  I have to take what I get.  This poor position caused heavy back lighting which resulted in a low contrast shot.  Using photoshop I increased the contrast and silhouette the horse a bit to give it an artsy look.   This is an example of a confirmation shot.

Horses_O1_1

This was a friendly horse who came up to the fence.

Horses_O1_2

In January you can see that the blue grass is anything but! 

Horses_O1_3

A herd of horses trotting along…

Horses_O1_4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home