Friday, January 13, 2006

The Horse, Of Course

This week I signed up to take a class, The Horse, Of Course, which is provided by ArtWorks.  I took a portrait photography course from them and it was taught by two instructors Jami Henson, and Karen LaBach.  Karen is teaching The Horse Of Course, and while it is being offered for drawing students, it is suitable for photographers as well.  This will give me a good introduction into equine photography to see if I like it. I live in the heart of horse country so it seems silly for me not to learn how to properly photograph horses.   Here are a couple landscapes I took with horses in them.  I took them a couple of years ago.  Lets see if I can improve upon these in the weeks to come.

Horses-1

Horses-2

1 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Hi Jim,

If this is the "before", I can't wait to see the "after!" :-)

I really like the way you photograph just about *everything* that's happening in your life - you've got me thinking.... wouldn't it be great to shoot the little details of everyday life (like those great restaurant dishes) and then be able to go back and see them 6 month, a year, two years later.

Best regards,
SteveR

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home