Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Horse Of Course Class 1

Yesterday evening was my 1st class.  Wow, did I get a firehose full of information! Karen is incredibly knowledgeable about photographing and drawing horses. We talked about confirmation shots, how not to distort the horses features, various things that go into great shots, characteristics of breeds, parts of the horse, muscular system of horses, skeletal structure of horses, how to know when a horse is angry, history of horse racing, and many other aspects which I need to go back to my notes to remember. The 2 hour class went by extremely quickly and I really enjoyed it.  I have a ton of homework.  My homework includes:

  • Studying breeds so I can recognize them
  • Learning the parts of a horse (withers, chestnut, hock, etc…)
  • Printing off some of the horse I shot at the festival of the horse and identifying their breeds
  • look through some books she gave me
  • and go out and take photographs some horses.

The 1st class was held at Artworks.  This class will consist of many field trips including horse farms, Keenland, and  Kentucky Horse Park.  I am so looking forward to going out and photographing horses!  I will blog about my experiences and photographs from each class. 

On the topic of identifying horses, I just got this picture in an email today from my friend Carl Pursel.  Now I know what a quarter horse is!

QuarterHorse

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

that is too funny!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home