Monday, September 26, 2005

B&W, Sepia, and Duotones

I spent some time reading yesterday evening and tonight about black and white, sepia and duotones.  According to the book I am reading, “The great strength of duotones for the digital photographer is that it combines the great dynamic range of colour with the emotional power of the black and white.”  I must confess that I don’t have a big clue as to what all that means, but I did take a color picture and played with it (converted to B&W, added a black vignette, added a sepia filter,  and then added some noise to it) and I like the resulting image much better.  It really focuses in on the little girl.  I liked it so much that I ordered an 8x10 of it from MPIX.  Hope it turns out as nicely in print as it does on this screen.

BW0BW1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home