Saturday, July 16, 2005

Horse Show At The Scott County Park

Last night I went up to the Scott County Park and took some pictures of a horse show.  I learned a whole bunch of new terms like Pleasant Gate.  And did you know that you not only do you have your Walk but you also have your Show Walk?

 

Beside the horse lingo, I also increased my skills in photography. The lighting conditions are pretty bad at the arena and I learned quite a few things about talking pictures in dynamic lighting situations.  Well, learned isn’t exactly what I did.  When I got home and looked at the pictures, I had some pretty weird lighting effects. Here is an example:

 

2005-07-15-0

 

I think I know how to correct these, but it isn’t clear to me that I have enough experience to recognize the situation again at the time of taking the pictures.  I plan to make a return trip next time they are having a horse show with emphasis on this.  Here are some of the photos that I put in as a collage using Lumapix:

 

ScottCountyHorseShowCollage

It is pretty amazing – just a click of a button and an dragging a few photos to more appropriate spots, and I get this collage:

ScottCountyHorseShowCollage2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home