Friday, November 04, 2005

Canon SD400 -- Lost and Found

I am getting ready to travel.  I am heading to Atlanta tomorrow to participate in OSP-South which is where a bunch of photography geeks (well actually awesome photographers) are getting together for some fun and education.   Then I am heading to Phoenix for a photography bootcamp.  I am hoping between the two activities my photography will have some improvement.

As I was getting my stuff in order, I couldn’t find my Canon SD400.  It wasn’t in the usual 20 places I usually lay it around the house.  After thinking back, the last time I remember having it was on Wednesday evening at Cici’s pizza.   While Melissa and I was there, one of her students, Stephanie Borden, was there as well eating with her mom.   So as I was going back to the buffet for 2nd’s (or was it 3rds — who can keep track anyway), she spoke to me saying how she liked how my pictures turned out from the Halloween party.  I didn’t realize she was even at Cici’s till she spoke. Before I continue with the story, let me give you some background. Every year Melissa has a pot-luck at her class to celebrate her anniversary.  Well, Stephanie always fills her plate overflowing with samples of all of the scrumptious deserts.  So I always make a point to take a photo of her plate.  She is like Melissa in that she can pack away the food and remain slender. Here is an example:

Stepanie1

Now back to the story, as we were talking she made a off-hand remark about me not taking pictures of her eating.  I laughed and when our conversation had completed I went back to the table with Melissa and it hit me, I have my SD400, I should have just snapped one right then.  What the heck, so I went back and snapped this picture.

Stepanie2

She laughed and back to the table with Melissa I went and I showed her the photos and we laughed.  That was the last I remembered using my camera.  So I called Cici’s to see if I left it there.  And sure enough they had it!  What an idiot I am.   So I drove over to cici’s and asked for the camera.  The manager looked a little dumbfounded and was a little surprised to see me.  I wasn’t sure what was up, but I said I could describe it.  And he asked that I do that.  So I told him it was a Canon SD400 – A little tiny silver camera — and the last pictures was of a girl sitting in that booth (I pointed to the booth) over there.  Well he smiled and said that he was expecting the girl to show up and was disappointed it was me.  But he gave me the camera cheerfully.   As I turned around, I said “hey I know the girl…” and before I could continue, he raised his ring hand and pointed to his finger and said, “I am married”.  So I smiled, turned around and left..   You can see more of Stephanie below, she is the one I called “The Hottie” in the Halloween class picture.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home