Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Infrared Photography - AKA - The Twilight Zone

RodSerlingYou are about to enter another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.
Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Do do do do do do do do do do do do.

Well, it might not be the twilight zone, but it is the wondrous land of infrared photography.  I mentioned yesterday that I purchased an old Canon Powershot G1 camera.  That camera with a filter permits one to take very good IR photographs.  I will go into the details about my setup and post processing in Photoshop to bring out color in the photographs in a future blog entry.   Those with scientific acumen may know that true IR photography is black and white.  I tend to find those photos boring.  So I bring out some color in my photos.

This evening Melissa and I went out to eat and afterwards we stopped by Georgetown College to let me take some photos.  It was getting late in the evening and the sun was quickly setting.  Typically this can be a great time for regular photography as the evening light is pretty awesome.  After looking at my IR photos below, I think that IR photography really needs a lot of light and maybe mid day is a better time to take photos.  I will try some tomorrow and see if that is the case. I am just learning and I expect my IR photographs to improve over time.

IMG_0118_framed

 

 IMG_0103_framed

IMG_0123_framed

TreesOfGeorgetownCollege

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have become the Rod Serling of photograph, uh huh. It will be fun to watch your pictures evolve as you play with your new camera.
-Bob

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home